Friday, August 11, 2006

AAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!

Ok so I’m at school today after one of the boring inservice sessions and we are sitting around talking and the conversation turns to one of my fellow teachers and the new guy she is seeing. Well, of course, as it always does, the conversation swings and it’s on me. They are all worried about why I'm not dating? And who would I like to date? How old would he be? How tall? What should he be interested in etc. etc. etc. Of course, they all have someone who would be perfect for me and want to fix me up. However my love life is not a topic for discussion. I am so damn tired of everyone thinking they can fix the situation. Every time the conversation comes up, it gets so uncomfortable. Yes I realize I am 30 years old and eternally single apparently but do you think I like it? Of course not! It's lonely, and boring, and just plain sucks. I would like to think that these people want what is best for me, but sometimes I just want to scream at them to leave me alone! I hate being made to feel small because I have certain qualities/characteristics I want, being made to feel judgmental just because I won’t date anyone and everyone. Maybe I am picky, but it’s my life! Maybe I shouldn’t feel this way, but I am suddenly on the verge of tears. I just have to get up and leave the room. I have to get out of this town and away from some of these people. They do not make me feel good about myself and I have to constantly be putting on a brave front when I am around them, as if nothing bothers me. I know that they don’t mean to do it, but they do and I am sick of feeling this way and having to fight back tears when my beliefs and feelings are attacked. I'm sick of being the single one, the third wheel, and always have to fight this battle with all my married and attached friends. I need some new friends, maybe even some single ones who can fight this battle with me. Anyone else out there ever feel this way?

29 comments:

ThatGuy said...

You know I do, and today I'm in a good mood, so I'll take the high road. They probalby just want you to be happy and realize you aren't, but obviously not being in your situation, they do not know how much of an ass they are being. I'm taking the stance that picky is a good thing, until i'm 50 or so, and then if i'm single, maybe i'll settle. :)

The Volpinator said...

yeah i'm getting in a better one now...with or without the cocktails! LOL!

ThatGuy said...

nothing wrong with a few cold ones. they make all the problems go away, and create a brand new set of them

The Volpinator said...

wish I could have one right now! but instead waiting on damn golfers to finish up so I can go home!

ThatGuy said...

isn't that the hole point of golfing, just an excuse to drink while walking around? have i been playing incorrectly all along

The Volpinator said...

yeah that's how I play...unfortunately they sort of frown on it while on the clock...so instead I'm sitting here listening to old people music (some kind of party upstairs, really loud) and waiting on them to finish so I can go have a cold one!

ThatGuy said...

you need a flask or to start drinking vodka out of a water bottle. no one would know.

The Volpinator said...

unfortunately they would...i become a different person when i drink...very chatty, flirty, and hands on

ThatGuy said...

maybe you'd get a raise, have a little thing with the boss. nothing like a good blackmailing.

The Volpinator said...

okay now that's just sick! I mean I know I'm single but come on! That most definitely would not be a fun night! besides he's married!

ThatGuy said...

married people should have sex too, i'm just saying...

The Volpinator said...

oh definitely i'm just not into that whole sharing thing...was never any good at it

ThatGuy said...

sharing is caring, goes back to the loving more than one person, or maybe lusting more than one person

The Volpinator said...

yeah but i'm not sharing the one i love with anyone...he's all mine! plus why would i want to be with someone who wants someone else...i should be enough! LOL!

ThatGuy said...

nothing is ever enough for anyone. we all have those moments. thats why they put the impulse items next to the checkout

The Volpinator said...

maybe so...I just don't know...I can understand the whole lusting thing, but once you have someone shouldn't it be enough?

hey do you have yahoo im?
might be faster to chat that way rather than waiting on posts

ThatGuy said...

I don't yahoo, I have AIM

The Volpinator said...

damn...don't have that one...can you download that one?

ThatGuy said...

freebie on aol.com

The Volpinator said...

k...hang on

The Volpinator said...

ok it's downloading...

ThatGuy said...

i got nothing to hang onto

The Volpinator said...

alright funny man!

ThatGuy said...

I've been called that once or twice, actually once or twice in blogland lately. I just don't see it.

The Volpinator said...

ok got it...screen name coacharob316

ThatGuy said...

autoengineer78, see the blog :)

Mike said...

Be happy that you are single. All of my friends who are married or coupled are miserable. I like being single. "Love the one you're with"... Just saying!

Blessed said...

Well, I'm married and can't, of course, say that I feel that way! (Duh!) but I'm sick to death of people saying "So when you gonna have kids?"

Isn't it amazing how people just pry and assume. I guess they don't realize that they might be crossing the line.

Good luck!
(And I'm enjoying your blog)
Blessings!

KJ said...

Everyday of my life