Monday, August 14, 2006

Double Tag

So today was opening day for me...basically an incredibly long meeting about new rules and procedures, class schedules and supervision duties. BORING! I had lunch with my best friend and I finally told her about the way I had been feeling and what I might be contemplating on doing next spring with the move. She told me as did my parents, that she already knew. Then she said something that really made me feel bad. She said that sometimes she didn't know if I was truly happy for her or just acting. I felt like 2 inches tall. I love her like she was my sister. Of course I am happy for her! I want her to get everything she wants and always be happy! Of course, when she thinks that it's probably those times when I am feeling down about my own life and just not doing a really good job of putting up that front. I know that I'm jealous of her...how can I not be? I really try to keep that green monster at bay but sometimes it's just hard. Anyway, she understood why I felt the way I did and we agreed to make a conscious effort to get together more during the year. Sometimes though I feel like that is her feeling sorry for me. Maybe I shouldn't but I do. Okay gotta get off that subject...so depressing, and I'm not in a depressing mood right now.

AFter we finished at school, we had a cookout at my principal's house. That was fun...played cornhole for the first time. I sucked at the beginning...every beanbag kept sliding off the board. I thought I would be good at it to start with since I pitched a little in slow pitch softball but it was hard. Finally got in the rhythm though and then my principal who I was playing against had to start talking trash. It didn't work though...we were down 18-4 and came back to win 21-20. I'm so competitive I just had to keep trying until I got it.

Okay so my first tag! Actually from several people:
Blessed (
http://2bcontinuallyblessed.blogspot.com/)
KJ (
http://kjsayshitmewithyourbestshot.blogspot.com/)

Tag No. 1
Four jobs I have had in my life
1. Kmart cashier
2. 4-H Camp counselor
3. Billing clerk for Yellow Freight
4. High school teacher

Four movies I could watch over and over
1. any Star Wars
2. Gone with the wind
3. Dirty Dancing
4. West Side Story

Four places I have lived:
1. Stamping Ground, KY
2. Carlisle, KY
3. Bowling Green, KY
4. Frankfort, KY

Four TV shows I love to watch
1. Big Brother
2. Invasion
3. Grey's Anatomy
4. Lost

Four places I've been on vacation
1. Seattle
2. Caribbean
3. Florida
4. New York City

Four of my favorite websites
1. myspace.com
2. blogger.com
3. yahoo.com
4. weather.gov ( ok so i know this is boring...but i coach tennis and work at a golf course)

Four of my favorite foods:
1. pizza
2. pasta
3. steak
4. french fries

What would I rather be doing
traveling



Tag No. 2

2 moments you would like to erase
1. car accident in high school
2. cosigning exboyfriends truck

4 moments you would like to relive
1. first date
2. cruise in Caribbean
3. walking on beach at sunset
4. college graduation

2 places you wouldn't like to go again
haven't really been anywhere that bad

4 places you can't wait to go again
1. caribbean
2. beach
3. Senor Frogs
4. New York

2 foods you can't stand
1. brussel sprouts
2. tomatoes

4 foods you love
(see above)

2 current songs that make you change the station
1. Anything by Dwight Yoakum
2. most rap songs

4 current songs you play over and over
1. Finding a Good Man - Danielle Peck
2. Jesus Take the Wheel - Carrie Underwood
3. She Didn't Have Time - Terri Clark
4. Closer - Dierks Bentley

2 books you never finished/or read again
1. The Perfect Storm
2. too many to name (see below)

4 books you have read more than once/or will read again
(usually don't read books twice...too many of them out there I want to read at least once but...)
1. any of the Left Behind series
2. any Stephen King book
3. Angels and Demons
4. North and South


Anybody want to take a double tag?????

4 comments:

KJ said...

It's ok to feel the way you do.......don't feel guilty for wanting what your friend has found

Blessed said...

You know I think you are pretty awesome KY girl!
Thanks for takin' the tag!
Great answers.

ThatGuy said...

we all have those moments with friends that have what we are looking for. I agree, don't feel guilty, there is nothing wrong with wanting something real. Haven't we all been talking about looking for that for a while now?

The Volpinator said...

Thanks guys!