Monday, February 20, 2006

What a Weekend...

So about that phone call...

Yes, I definitely met a very nice guy. Sweet, respectful, intelligent...and then some! He left today to go home and I was able to return to my much neglected laundry, dog, and house.

I really enjoyed my weekend, but now I get to thinking maybe I jumped the gun a little bit. E. is a really great guy but there's just something that doesn't sit well with me. He and I are very different with different interests and beliefs. We actually got into a very heated conversation last night. He is very political while me....I don't give a shit! I, on the other hand, am more of a religious/spiritual person and he really doesn't care. When I told him I didn't keep up with politics, he was amazed. To me, politics are boring. If it's an issue that interests me, I'll find out more. But more times than not..it just puts me to sleep. We didn't really get in a fight but let me tell you...we were sitting at the bar and I was so close to just getting up and walking out. However, I kept my composure and we did work through it. It just didn't sit well with me, that is was not okay for me to not follow politics, but okay for him to not listen to my feelings about what's important to me. There's just something not sitting well with me.

I had a lot of fun with him, but there were times when he almost made me feel stupid. As if I was uneducated for the opinions I had, close-minded for not accepting and actually changing my mind when he gave his opinion. I do not do well with people who are condescending and patronizing to me. It pisses me off! I mean I know I am stubborn sometimes, but just because I have beliefs that I won't change I'm being close-minded? WTF? I am well-educated and well-spoken and am allowed my own opinions and beliefs. I am allowed to not give credence to an opinion if I don't want to. Sometimes he was even insulting. For example, as I have said, religion is important to me and I have a strong faith in the Bible and God. He basically, in not so many words, told me I was naive to believe that all of the Bible was true. That really pissed me off! That just rubbed me so wrong.

And man, can he talk! Talk, Talk, Talk! Sometimes I couldn't get a word in! Sometimes it was hard just to keep my mind on the conversation cause he would like tell me the same stuff over and over again.

So on one hand, he pisses me off with the condescending and atagonizing. Then on the other sides, he is just the sweetest, most romantic, considerate, kind person. I like him but now after having time to think about it, I really don't know if I want to pursue it. I am just not sure. I just don't know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea, he's not a nice guy and not good for you.

The Volpinator said...

Starting to think that myself...

Unknown said...

Seems like you think he is a nice enough guy, in some ways, but he honestly doesn't sound right for you.

Next...

The Volpinator said...

yeah..next! :)

KJ said...

I'm glad he left town.......I don't even know him but nobody, especially a man should ever make you feel stupid.

The Volpinator said...

Thanks Kristen! Me too...seems like I picked another prick! My record is impecable!

The Volpinator said...

Yep! Seems like you always try to fool yourself that its not a big deal when in actuality it is the deal breaker most times! OH well...still a super fun weekend! Woo Hoo!