Friday, February 17, 2006

A Night Out

...that didn't end until about an hour ago...yep that's right! Last night, I had hunkered down under a blanket, eating dinner, and trying to catch up on TIVO...planning on spending a nice quiet evening at home when the phone rings. I answer and it's my girl telling me to get my butt on down to this local bar The Dragon. I figured what the hell, I don't have to work tomorrow told her to give me an hour and I'd be down. I definitely needed the night out and of course the attention that might be thrown my way.

Got there, grabbed a beer, started shooting pool and darts, and loosening up. The beer was going down so easy and I was at the pool table...right in my element. I was having an awesome time! I saw people I hadn't seen in a long time and it was just a good night all around. Then....

In walks this guy with his buds and I am immediately attracted to him. Great smile! Cute! And I think...as we all do when the beer starts flowing that I am superwoman! I sidle up to him and start taunting...talking smack...flirting...whatever it takes to get his attention. Feeling a little tipsy, I believe I can do no wrong...well it works! Imagine that! That never happens to me! I am so not the one who walks into a bar, picks out a guy, and says "I'm going home with him!" but that is exactly what happened.

So we are shooting pool, which by the way is so my element! Love the table! Won many a beer that way! He's shooting and I of course am stirring up trouble. I'm talking to his opponent and he starts ribbing me asking "what are you doing coach? helping the enemy?" I am almost floored...how does he know that's my name? That was it...I was hooked! We continued to flirt and talk and shoot pool...his buddies go to leave and I kind of saddened but just for a brief moment as he turns and tells them he's staying. Staying? For me? I wonder. But he stays right there beside me, buying me beer, asking questions, never taking his eyes off me. We are there so completely engrossed in each other that I honestly do not realize people are leaving. We talked so long that we shut the bar down. As we are leaving, we can both tell that the other doesn't want to leave...so he asks me to go back to his hotel room. I hesitate...but just for a second...am I crazy?

Needless to say I go...which is why my night didn't end until this afternoon. Went back to the hotel room and stayed there...he was a perfect gentleman! Kissed me, and rubbed my shoulders, scratched my back, stoked my hair...damn, getting hot just thinking about it! Deep breath! Sorry...had to step away for a moment and cool off. I found out he is in town for a few days and that he comes into town a couple of times a month. This could really be a good thing. We exchanged numbers as he left for work. I am definitely smiling from ear to ear today though...so needed last night! However, now the question of who calls whom? Do I call tonight or do I wait for him to call????

I just keep saying to myself...WTF? These things do not happen to me. I do not go to stranger's hotel rooms in the middle of the night. I do not spend the night with people I do not know. Was it the beer talking? Was it just loneliness for a warm body beside me? I do not know. I know I enjoyed the evening immensely and I definitely want a repeat and then some. I have to give a shout out to my girl Miss Innocent for getting me out of the house last night. I owe last night all to her. I just may have to change my opinions on men...maybe we do need them...but that decision definitely requires further research...I'll keep you posted!

7 comments:

KJ said...

Good for you!!!! You need to come out next Friday night!!!

The Volpinator said...

I plan on it! Had way too much fun last night!

The Volpinator said...

Yeah Beth...you just left WAY too early! it definitely got interesting after you left! But next time....

Thanks Murphy...that's what i'm leaning towards anyway...make him do the chasing!

Miss Innocent said...

Aww, I feel the love girl! YOu know a night out isn't complete unless you are with me. Now if he can just find Zane I will be all set....

*sigh*

He was one helluva bad boy...I should have attacked first and gotten to know him later!

Glad you made it, and thanks for lunch chica-I may corrupt you yet! LOL! ;)

The Volpinator said...

Definitely need some repeat performances of last night! And as far as corruption goes...pretty corrupt just don't show it often...as you well know...takes that special event to pull that off!

Miss Innocent said...

So..Pimp and HO party for all us girls then?

I will need to unwind, next week is going to be busy for me here.

The Volpinator said...

Sounds like a plan!