Thursday, January 4, 2007

Tampa, Part 2

Well, let's see when we last left off, I had had an interesting three days. Saturday, I got up and went to see my friend Chris's new house out on the beach in a place called Hudson, Fl. Beautiful house with tall ceilings, big open rooms, balconies, and right on the water. So going back to visit and hanging at the beach!



Thought the boats were funny, reminded me of parking in NYC.


Saturday was pretty uneventful. Had hotdogs at Mel's, dinner at Olive Garden and then went shopping and crashed early.




Sunday, we got up and went to the Bucs game at Raymond James Stadium. I had never been to an NFL game, so it was pretty cool. The stadium was cool too. It was so hot!





Also saw the stadium where the Yankees have spring training.





Of course, Sunday night was New Year's Eve and we all went out to a place called Whiskey North in Tampa. Had a blast and pictures were taken, but on someone else's camera, so we'll have to wait for those.

Monday, I got up and met the guys for the Outback Bowl. We bought tickets and food passes on the street outside the stadium. We got to go to this tent city and have breakfast and beer before the game. Very cool. Of course if you watched the game, then you know it was raining most of the day so I didn't take my camera and thus don't have any pictures. The game was cool though. I had also never been to a bowl game. I went wearing my UK blue and proudly supporting my Cats even though the game was between Penn State and Tennessee. The beginning was awesome with jets flying over and parachuters dropping on to the field. Then the bands performing at half-time. UT's band was amazing! Loved it! Of course I also got to hear Rocky Top about 1000 times since we were sitting right beside the band. One of the guys that went is a Gator fan and he just kept talking smack about the Gators throughout the whole game, hollering at anyone wearing Gator apparel. It was so funny! The rain wasn't bad during the first half but it really came down in the second half. I was soaked and then the wind made it very cold. Funny, I was sweating in the heat the day before and now I wish I had had a sweatshirt!
After the game, I couldn't wait to get home to get on dry clothes!

Tuesday, I got up early and headed home. A long 12 hour drive on the interstate and finally made back to my humble abode. I was so glad to be here but missing the warm weather of Tampa as soon as I got out of the car. So there you have it, my Tampa adventure! Chocked full of new things for me and lots of laughs!

No comments: