Monday, January 29, 2007

Another stupid man

So this past week and weekend I attended a basketball tournament at my high school. Most of the weekend was uneventful but there was this one fan. Before the game started, he was bad mouthing my school and of course once the game started he continued. Every call was against his team and of course none were against mine. I looked over at my mother and said.."wonder how long it would take me to make this guy really mad?" yeah, I was sort of in a vindictive mood after my financial fiasco of earlier in the week. So I started screaming and hollering for my team and yes, I started mocking and repeating some of his comments right back at him. Well this only went on for a few moments before he turns around and starts yelling at me. That's right, a grown man yelling at me! He is saying things like I am an damn embarassment to my family and stupid and I'm an embarassment to my family, etc. Of course, my mother is sitting right beside me, hearing all of it. I just ignore him, cause at this point I have won. He's mad and I am rolling on the inside. I just go back to watching the game and cheering my team on. Of course, my mother has heard everything I have said and what he is screaming at me now. She gets into it, and he asks her who she is...well she says I'm her mother. It's a free country and I can say what I want. I love my mom...she was in my corner. I tried to get her to stop but they just keep going at it. All over a stupid ballgame. It was too funny! A lot of the people around me were fans for my team and they are hearing all of this and laughing. This guy is really embarassing himself. Unfortunately, I am not always a very fast thinking on the comebacks so I didn't respond. I laughed all the way home and of course realized what I should have said...."Look buddy! Yeah I freely admit to mocking you and trying to make you mad...guess what I did! However, I never cursed at you, and didn't insult you or your family!" I so wished I could have come up with that one sooner!

As for my weight loss project...I have lost 13 pounds in the last 27 days! Hooray!

No comments: