Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Bored!

So today is my fifth snow day this year...four of them being in the past week. I am sick of snow days. At this rate, I am going to be in school until June 5th. Yuck! I am so bored just sitting in my house watching soap operas and trying to stay warm. I live in a really old house with gas heat and it doesn't get warm. Basically I am trapped in two rooms, my office and my bedroom where there are space heaters. Pretty cozy in here, but when you step out into the hallway, brrrr! Freezing! So cold, I hate even going to the kitchen to get food, but hey a girl has to eat. Then there is the dog. With the air temperatures in the single digits, he has become an indoor dog again which means I have to worry about him making a mess and whining to go outside. FUN! Where is March? IT has to get here soon, I hate snow and cold weather!

Of course, our administrators can't call off school the night before so I have to wait until I get up at 5am to go to the gym. I get up, turn on the TV, see the closings and of course promptly go back to bed. Forget the gym at 5...I'll wait until eleven or so. Gym time is still going well, burning lots of calories on the treadmill and this week I started some weight training. I'm down about 13 pounds since the first of the year but have a bunch to go to get where I want. It's working, and I enjoy the way I feel afterwards but that's about all I'm doing these days besides playing on the computer and watching TV. I want to go back to work!

Today they are predicting 2-5 inches of snow where I live which probably means I won't go to work tomorrow. Rumors are already spreading that we won't be back until Monday. NOOO!!!! Looking outside, the road is almost covered in white and it's a main road, I hate to think what the country roads are like now and will be later. So glad I have no where to go right now, the car is parked and is going to stay there. If it wasn't for the gym, I would have no social interaction and I so need social interaction of some kind. I'm going crazy! It's times like these that being single sucks! Of course just when you think you might be on to something with someone, they get scared and run. That happened to me last week too on top of the snow! Men suck!

Oh well enough bitching about the weather and my social status, not as if I can do anything to change it right now. Hope everyone is having a better week than I am....

No comments: