Tuesday, February 20, 2007

My Weekend

So I'm driving to a ballgame on Saturday night and I come up behind this car at a traffic light and it has one of those frames around the license plate...know what it says? Follow me to Waffle House! Okay now come on! I love waffle house, but I don't know about putting it on your car.

I finally get to the game, which we win by the way, and get ready to go home. Now Saturday is the day we got quite a bit of snow so driving home was a long trip, treacherous and icy and I'm scared to death of tearing up my new car. However, thankfully I made it home and survived my first trip on the snow and ice in my new car.

Buying a hybrid did pay off for me this year even though I am struggling with the car payments. Did you know that buying a hybrid this year entitled you to a tax break? I didn't, but upon further research it does. A huge one! Yeah for me, a nice refund, which of course I have all but spent. LOL!

Monday night, I went and played in my first Texas Hold 'Em tournament. Now I have played on the computer but never live. That was an experience. I was clueless! However I did win a couple of hands and even survived through the first break, first chip exchange, and even had to swap tables. This being said, I did last longer than some. Not bad for my first try. Of course, this was a free tournament so that made it all the better for me, the newbie! Had a good time though and even knew some of the people there including a former friend of my former roommate. We had a good laugh about all of that crap.

Couldn't get out of bed for my morning workout this morning. Alarm went off at 5 and I was like hell no! not today. Sucks though cause that means I missed out today. Due to tennis practice and a stupid confidentiality meeting after school and then working a ballgame taking tickets from 5 to 9, just now obviously getting home. However I did make if for American Idol! Yeah, any way, since there was no workout, I'll have to update you on my goal tomorrow.

No comments: