Monday, February 26, 2007

Another Long weekend

Where to start?

I'm sitting at lunch on Friday and I get the distinct feeling that my department at school knows something I don't. I hate that. Somedays I hate them! If someone in the department steps out for lunch they always forget to ask me if I want something to eat. Now it goes without saying I usually don't since I am watching what I'm eating right now, but they could at least ask. If something has been put in our mailboxes, and one of them goes to get theirs, it seems as if they get everyone's but mine. What's up with that? And the latest is that I believe they are wanting someone to transfer from the other school in the district to take the place of a teacher who is retiring this year. Now that's cool, but couldn't you at least share? Of course, this is all blamed on the fact that I teach in two departments so it is "natural" that I get overlooked. I was thinking of moving into the classroom of the teacher who is retiring, but I am starting to rethink that one. Don't know if I want to be that close to people who don't see me as a true member of the department. Although, according to the principal, I should be a full member of that department and quit having to share my time with two. It just pisses me off when people do things behind my back!

So I'm going on a trip to FL this Spring Break as a chaperone with the school band. Got an invoice in the mail today with my final balance showing and it is almost $100 more than was originally quoted to me. Panic! I don't have the money to pay it. I had really budgeted my money in order to make it work, and now they spring this on me. Come to find out the reason it is so much more is that two of the female chaperones requested their own room, leaving me and the other one to pay the double room rate whether we want to or now. Now that's just not fair. I didn't ask for a special room assignment but because of others I am being forced to do so. Hopefully I can talk the boosters into making this equitable.

Girls' tennis players are dropping like flies. I had two of my senior girls quit on the first day of practice because they said they had to get jobs to pay for Spring Break. They couldn't play tennis because they had to make money so they can go to FL and get drunk! WTF! Then today, another senior who had been trying to work out her schedule with tennis and work, comes to me and quits. Then I find out that one of my junior girls has mono and will be out 4-6 weeks! What's next? A nuclear attack? Needless to say I now have 3 varsity spots to fill and no one to fill them with that has any experience whatsoever. Crazy!

I think I am getting a cold! I hate getting a cold. And it sucks, cause I have to be outside for 2 hours with the tennis team every day. That certainly doesn't help.

Watched the Illustionist tonight. Good flick!

Got a chain letter in the mail today. It contained a lottery ticket! Never had this kind before...kind of cool. I didn't win with this one, but maybe the next one. Supposedly if it all goes right, I should get 35 more tickets in the mail. Surely one of the is the big one! LOL!

Anyway, hope the week gets better!

1 comment:

Ninja said...

God that's just the worst isn't it, working with idiots for colleagues!!