Monday, January 22, 2007

Why me?

Am I doing something wrong? I really think I am a good person and am living a good life, but these crummy things always seem to happen to me. The latest...identity theft!

Yeah that's right. Saturday I got a phone call from the fraud department at my bank about a suspicious wire transfer through Western Union for more money then I had. Thankfully they caught it and called me. They had to block my card and then cancel it. So of course I am freaking out all weekend until I can call the bank this morning. When I call the bank this morning, they say the charge has been authorized and will post to my account. I am like freaking out at this point cause I don't have money to cover this. The lady at the bank says that I have to write this letter disputing the charge and they would investigate and the money would most likely be credited back to my account along with any charges I would incur for overdrafting, etc. Good news, but doesn't help my already dire financial woes. So I write the letter and fax it to the bank and continue teaching. Later this afternoon I decided to call Western Union and see if I could find out anymore information. I find out that this person (if you want to call them a person, I prefer asshole!) tried to wired the money to the Dominican Republic through the internet. This person had to have the card number as well as the security number in order to do that. This of course means someone had to have seen my card to get that number. Now that's scary! Thankfully, their fraud department thought it was fishy and cancelled the transfer which means no money will leave my bank account! WHEW! What a relief! Of course, it is small consolation to the stress I endured today and the fact that I have to wait 2 weeks to get a new debit card. Crazy!

Of course these things always happen in threes so now I'm wondering what is next? First there was my car window (see a previous post) and now this...what the hell is next? I don't think I can take any more drama right now!

On a positive note...the weight loss is going well...up to 9 pounds now! Hip Hip Hooray for me!

2 comments:

ThatGuy said...

good luck with the fraud thing, pain in the ass to have to deal with it, sorry to hear of it

Ninja said...

You know i asked the EXACT question....why me? I'm not a bad person; i don't intentionally hurt others, so why is this shit happenng to me?? But i guess perhaps God just wants us to be more careful about more important things later (???)...who knows?

And yeah the worst part is actually having to wait for a weekend to pass to make the all-important phone calls. Two days of immense torture worrying abour where all your money is goin!!

Anyway hope everyhting picks up soon for ya girl.

Will keep my fingers crossed for you!