Thursday, January 3, 2008

First Day of School for 2008

So today was the first day of school in 2008. Started off rough because last night I tried to go to bed at around 10:30 but could not fall asleep until sometime after 1 am. Then the alarm went off at 5:30 and I so did not want to get up. But I did about 6. Did a little aerobic exercise to a DVD and jumped in the shower. Actually had time to eat breakfast at the kitchen table. That was pretty cool. Left the house on time too. WOW!

The day itself actually wasn't bad. I got a new group of kids in 1st period who are honors' students so it should be interesting. They seemed like a good group of kids and it seemed like we could have a lot of fun...we'll see. It was different since last semester I had first period for planning and now I have to teach. However, the good part is that I now have the lunch period for planning so I can actually eat without having to inhale my food.

The faculty decided to play the Biggest Loser again this term. We will be weighing in every Friday until Spring Break which is the second week of April. This is good for me because I am very competitive and want to win! In addition to this motivation, I also have the motivation of wanting to go on another singles' cruise in April and I will have to wear a swimsuit. My goal is 25 pounds and if I can lose 2 pounds per week I will get there.

I also found this cool website: www.thedailyplate.com It allows you to track what you eat and when you eat it. So I figured why not. Entered everything I ate today, my current weight, my goal, and activity level, and figured out that I need to eat about 1800 calories a day as I work out. Okay this sucks. I was only able to eat about 1200 calories today and while this is good, it sucks because I work out hard and burn more than I should with that diet. The other thing I noticed, which I think I already suspected, is that my sodium intake is out of control. I have to get this fixed so that the weight will vanished.

The rest of the day went pretty much as normal seeing as how the other classes I teach are year long and I already know these kids. After school, I went to the YMCA to get in some cardio. It was packed. You could definitely tell it was January with all the new people and their new year's resolutions. Crazy. Couldn't even find room to park. However, give it a month, and half of them will be gone. They never last.

Well, I have finished my school work for tonight, so it is off to bed in a few minutes. Definitely feeling the 4 hours of sleep I got last night.

No comments: