Sunday, September 17, 2006

UK Wins!

So yesterday was a great day! Long but great! Started my day yesterday at 6:30 when I showed up for work and had to set up the range and get things going at the golf course by myself. Left work at 11:15 to go home, shower, and change and head to Lexington with my girl Kristen for the UK game and tailgating. Decided on wearing jeans and bringing a sweatshirt and while that decision seemed like a good one, it was a long time until it paid off. Yesterday was a beautiful day and awesome football weather. But it was so hot!

Arrived at UK around 1:30 or so and began my first (hopefully of many) tailgating experiences. Let's just say I had a blast! While I have been to a few UK football games, I had never experienced the joys of tailgating before. Of course I didn't know any of the guys we were tailgating with, they were all Kristen's friends, but it was a lot of fun. I began drinking and talking and sort of got a little tipsy in the process. Now when I start drinking, I of course, start flirting and chatting up the guys. Several good looking ones by the way. One even asked Kristen about me, so we'll see.

Begin playing cornhole with Kristen and the others, and the first game wasn't too bad, only lost 21-18 but that would be the best showing I could muster. The boards were not level and I was drinking so you can imagine how my game play went. Let's just say I sucked at it! I mean badly! LOL! But was I there to play cornhole or to do a little drinking and flirting? Decisions...Decisions...HMMM....So I kept drinking.

Of course through the midst of all of this drinking, I didn't eat a whole lot and it sort of caught up with me and I became a little inebriated. Mistake! or not... Finally came time for the game, and we started walking over to the stadium. I was really having a hard time walking straight so I ended up walking arm in arm with one of the guys. He was cute! Laughing and just having a great time! We got in and found our seats and I decided I had better eat something. So I went for food, and had to hold on to the wall because the world was spinning. I needed to eat and fast! Got some nachos and water and returned to my seat. Then the guys flagged us down from their seats and we went over and sat with them. I ended up sitting in front of the cute one and leaning against him throughout the game. Not bad to watch a football game with your very own built in back rest. LOL!

The game was great! and over way too soon. I didn't want the night to end. UK won! First time they have won the conference season opener in like 22 years. After the game, we went back to where we were tailgating and just laid around and waited for traffic to clear before heading back across the field to the car. I so didn't want to go home because I had been having way too much fun, but the night did eventually have to end and home we went.

I so have to go to the next game! LOL!

Have a great week!

5 comments:

KJ said...

I'm so glad you had a great time!!!

I did too, hopefully we'll be able to do it again

April said...

Sounds like a great time! :)

erika said...

That does sound like fun! Dang I want to go!

Unknown said...

Thanks for your honesty on your test/comment, and I like your "riders on the storm", doors/remix on your page.
Pretty cool!
One of my favorite songs.

KJ said...

I hear music