Friday, September 15, 2006

Catching up!

Gosh, it's been a whole week since I been here..let's see what has happened. First and foremost, I finally sold my truck. After the guy from CO cancelled on me last week, I made some calls and had a fellow teacher from another county want to buy my truck. He was supposed to come get it on Tuesday but couldn't get a loan from the bank. WTF? couldn't get a $5000 loan from the bank and he is a teacher! He must have the shittiest credit there is! Anyway...so I called some more. Found a people in OH and TN who were going to come up and look at it on Thursday and Friday respectively. Of course I told them both first come first serve...tired of holding it only to have the buyer back out. Well the guy from OH came on Thursday, took it for a drive, looked under the hood, etc...and offered me $4500...I was like, you're here, you have cash, and I am sick as hell of answering the damn phone....DEAL! So off to the courthouse we went, signed over the title and watched him drive it away! I am so glad to be rid of it. Cancelled the insurance so I'll even get a refund there. Yippee!

School is going well, the little tykes are behaving fairly well. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop. Of course there are still the little punks who want to mess it up for the rest of them. But what can you do? Finally got good news that two of the little punks actually got sent away to another school. They so didn't belong in the normal high school. Didn't do any work and just caused more trouble then they were worth. Life is peaceful in that one class now...it's so nice not to have to constantly be fighting with them!

Worked Wednesday and Thursday at the golf course. Wednesday I showed up and there were no cars in the parking lot. Turns out, after all the rain this past week, there were no carts allowed out and the driving range was closed. Basically I just had to be there until like 7 and then I could go home. Do you think I went home then? Hell no! At like 6:45 two members showed up wanting to walk with two of our pushcarts...so I had to wait until like 8:30 for them to return. Bites! Thursday wasn't bad though, all carts in by 6:30 and I was out the door at 7. I guess it all evens out in the wash.

Today of course is the start of the weekend, and thankfully the first Friday night in a long time that I didn't have to work (although I do have to be at work at 7am tomorrow!) so I went to Target to return wedding gifts with a friend (hers not mine, lol!). Then to Walmart where I did a little grocery shopping and bought the original Star Wars movies on DVD. So excited about that! Absolutely love Star Wars! Now I have all 6! yeah! Spent way too much money but hey I just sold a truck!

Tomorrow after work, I got free tickets to the UK football team. Tailgating with my girl Kristen before hand and then watching them throw around the pigskin! Should be an interesting and fun evening! LOL!

And now for some humor as if my life isn't humorous enough! LOL! Enjoy!

Why Why Why
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are getting weak?
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?
Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?
Why doesn't glue stick to the bottle?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?
Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?
If people evolved from apes, why are there still apes?
Why is it that no matter what color bubble bath you use the bubbles are always white?
Is there ever a day that mattresses are not on sale?
Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?
Why do people keep running over a string a dozen times with their vacuum cleaner, then reach down, pick it up, examine it, then put it down to give the vacuum one more chance?
Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end on your first try?
How do those dead bugs get into those enclosed light fixtures?
When we are in the supermarket and someone rams our ankle with a shopping cart then apologizes for doing so, why do we say, "It's all right?" Well, it isn't all right, so why don't we say, "That hurt,you blank blank?"
Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?
In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?
How come you never hear father-in-law jokes?
And my FAVORITE......The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons are suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

KJ said...

WOO HOO!!!

Can't Wait