Sunday, September 10, 2006

Selling my truck...

So since I have this brand new beautiful vehicle, I need to sell my pickup truck. So I decided to use the vast services of the internet to do so. Little did I know what an overwhelming response I would get. I posted the ad on Tuesday night last week, and as of today I have had 17 people either call or email me with questions and interest. Wow! I have had callers from Kentucky, Tennessee, Indiana, and as far away as Denver, Colorado. Now you have to ask yourself why anyone from Colorado would want to come all the way to Kentucky to buy a pickup truck. I don't understand but they did. The guy called me on Thursday night and told me he wanted to buy the truck. He was trying to find a flight out as we were speaking. I said okay just let me know. He calls back later that night and tells me he will be in Lexington at 10am Friday morning. Well, excited I was! I called my principal and took a sick day for Friday, went by the school and did lesson plans, and went home and got the paper work ready. However, at 8:30 am Friday morning he calls me and tells me he couldn't get on the flight. Disappointed? yes. Pissed that I had wasted a sick day? yes. But what can you do? Apparently it is a hot commodity and will eventually sell, just gotta find the right person I guess.

Totally wasted Friday after that, didn't move from the couch until I had to go into work at the golf course that evening at 7. Friday was our Glow ball night and I was at work until midnight. Then back to work at 7 the next morning. No sleep means another wasted day Saturday, spent vegging on the couch. I watched three movies: Failure to Launch, The Third Wheel, and High School Musical. Now while I will definitely say they were all chick flicks, they were pretty good.

Back to work today with the threat of rain looming. Unfortunately it didn't hit until right now. But thankfully I am home in the house. Strange though cause lightning was cracking everywhere and the sirens did not go off at the course. Tomorrow I have to go back to school and see what kind of mess I get to clean up after being out on Friday. Fun times!

Have a good Monday!

4 comments:

Blessed said...

Good luck with selling your truck
and may you have less of a mess on
Monday!
Have a good week!

ThatGuy said...

I also wish you luck, and ask, how great was it to sit on the couch and do nothing. I'm really starting to crave more of those kinda days.

KJ said...

Damn it........I would have so skipped Friday with you

The Volpinator said...

Blessed: thanks...it will sell at some point...too many people interested

ThatGuy: couch days are good just wish it didn't have to cost me a sick day to do it

Kristen: i'll try to remember that the next time i play sick! LOL!