Thursday, February 28, 2008

Co-Workers Who Drive You Crazy

I really dislike co-workers who might have a few years on you and think that there way is the best way or that they are more important than you. There is a fellow teacher of mine who just drives everyone crazy with her opinionated views. She thinks she knows all and is so important. Now in small quantities I really like this person, but sometimes....she just pisses me off. Here is today's situation:

Our basketball team is in the district finals this weekend and so they decided that a pep rally would be a good idea to show our support for them. That's fine, no problem. They emailed all of us asking our opinion. I responded great idea, but could we not lose the same period of the day as we did last time. Well, this person responded that the period I suggested was her planning and she didn't want to lose it because she really needed it. Doesn't everyone need their planning? Someone is going to have to lose it. Why not her? What makes her special?

I responded that my argument was that we had lost one period last time why not another one this time? Why lose instruction time in the same class again? She responds with this comment:

"You are very funny. (just kidding). I will work things out, while you educate. ;) ha ha ha"

Okay now what do you think that means? I, as well as others, took it to mean that she was making fun of me and the fact that I was concerned with instruction time. What else was I supposed to think after that first sentence? I was like WTF??? Let's just say that comment went all over me. What was she thinking? So I called her on it through a private email not mass email for the whole school to see and this was her response to me:

"I was pulling your leg---I said (JUST kidding!). I am more than certain you are an excellent teacher! And I mean that! It was just cute that you said it the way you did, and that is why I said that. You are a fine teacher. Yes, e-mail can have some problems in that area. I can be sarcastic, but it was more meant to be funny, guess it wasn’t. Sorry, I would never insult you."

Nice save. Whatever. Then she sends this out to the entire faculty to save her own ass.

"Just so EVERYONE knows, I was trying to be funny and tease a little with _____. She is a fine teacher and I would never want to “imply” otherwise!!!"

Again, nice save. It was funny though cause other teachers took it the same way I did and came to see me immediately after it came across email. They were seeing if I had exploded yet. LOL!

Of course, this was on top of dealing with an uncooperative principal and bookkeeping beauracracy. I needed Happy Hour badly after this day!

Anyone else work with these kind of people?

1 comment:

Ninja said...

I know exactly how u feel babe. I was just about to blog about a similar type of 'species' myself! What is it with these older buggers? Just because they popped out first that doesn't make them smarter and it certainly doesn't make it ok for them to treat us like dirt!

Hang in there girl :p