Friday, May 25, 2007

Bad Day

Ever have one of those days where you just can't stand to be wherever it is you are. I had one today. Yesterday was fabulous! Got to go to the boys state tennis tournament, didn't have to teach, played golf, got drunk...great day...and then today WHAM! Felt angry all day long. Not sure if I got up on the wrong side of the bed or what. Day started weird...just felt like I was in a fog all morning, sat through the most boring awards day at school (3 hours of not being able to hear what award was actually being given out since our sound system and gymnasium acoustics suck!), and then had to teach two classes of wild kids. By 2:30 when my last class was over I could feel my blood pressure just exploding. I was furious and really just didn't no why just that I had to get out of the school. Luckily I have last period planning so I cut out of there. Went to the gym and ran and lifted and burned off some of it and then it was off to work at the golf course for four hours. Luckily it was a good night at the course and I feel better now. But man what a day. Just felt pissed off all day...and not really any idea why. However, it all got put in perspective when I read an email from my friend Kev in Afghanistan...

"heck, if you have a bad day, just think, you could be in Afghanistan surrounded by endless dirt, rocks, locals with no knowledge of what hygiene is, oh, and lots of HEAT, lol. "

My day could definitely have been worse. Hopefully yours wasn't...have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Ninja said...

Oh you know i go thru the same thing la...i don't know if it's just PMS but there are some days when i get up in an absolutely foul mood! Then the next day i go back to being very very happy. A sign of bipolar disorder perhaps?

I think we're just changing with the climate and getting as unpredictable as it